Forget expensive department store facial cleansers. Make this DIY Face Wash recipe with all-natural ingredients you already have in your pantry. It’s great for all skin types and so nourishing too.
- Castile soap is a gentle cleanser that helps to remove dirt, grime and make-up without stripping the skin.
- Almond oil helps to moisturize skin and provides essential vitamins to make skin look healthy. It also helps to remove make-up and oily build-up. You can substitute others like rosehip seed oil, jojoba oil, argan oil, sesame oil or even apricot kernel oil. Just be sure to get organic, cold-pressed oils.
- Vitamin E oil helps to nourish skin and give it an extra boost of vitamins. You could skip the vitamin E oil in this recipe if you use rosehip seed oil because it naturally contains vitamin E, vitamin A, vitamin C and essential fatty acids (which helps the skin look healthy and plump).
- Ylang Ylang essential oil helps to strengthen hair and helps it to grow in thick and strong. It can also help with dry scalp.
- Frankincense essential oil is a fantastic all-around essential oil to nourish the skin.
- Lavender essential oil helps to soften and soothe skin naturally.
How to make this face wash?
It’s pretty easy to make this DIY Face Wash (aka homemade facial cleanser) recipe. You just need liquid castile soap, water, essential oils and carrier oil. The best part is you can customize the essential oils in this recipe according to your skin type – add in ylang ylang, helichrysum, patchouli, rose, geranium, etc.